My email address is email@example.com
You can also find me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/terrydopson/
My name is Terry Dopson and I am an educator located in Orange County, California. I am completing my Single Subject Credential in English Language Arts and Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning from the University of La Verne.
I currently work as the Student Employment Coordinator at the University of La Verne where I work with over 1000 student employees each year. I help students, staff, and faculty navigate through all aspects of the robust student employment program including recruitment, onboarding, payroll, employee relations, and my personal favorite, training and development.
Teaching high school English Language Arts is a combination of all of my skills and interests: working with students and families, building communication skills, exploring empathy and creativity, organizing and planning, and playing with technology.
Below are examples of my teaching materials that I have created in my graduate program. I will finish my credential in May 2022. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to connect and collaborate.
- Research Skills Lesson (PDF Format)(with University feedback in red text)
- Short Story Lesson (PDF Format)
- Concrete Details and Commentary Lesson(PDF Format)
- Small Groups Reading Comprehension Lesson(PDF Format)
- Thesis Statement Lesson Plan (PDF Format)
- Thesis Statement Asynchronous Lesson (YouTube Video)
- Writing Unit At A Glance (PDF Format)
- Inquiry Lesson Slides (PDF Format)
- Concrete Details and Commentary Slides (PDF Format)
- Research Skills Slides (PDF Format)
- Essay Peer Revision/Editing Slides (PDF Format)
Handouts and Tools
- Sample Rubric (PDF Format)
- Essay Graphic Organizer (PDF Format)
- Venn Diagram (PDF Format)
- KWL Chart (PDF Format)
- Brainstorming Organizer (PDF Format)
- Digital Sentence Strips (Google Drawing)
- Mission Statement Padlet (Link)
- Classroom Management Plan (Link)
- Sample Letter to Students and Families (PDF Format)
- Distance Learning Plan (PDF Format)
- Distance Learning Plan – Infographic (PDF Format)
Projects from my MA in Teaching Program